- Introduction to JSRS
- JSRS Buyers
- JSRS Registration
- JSRS Certification Fee Payment
- JSRS Certification Process
- Products and Services
- What next, after JSRS Certification?
- Other Benefits of JSRS / Miscellaneous
- JSRS Certification Validity & Renewal
- JSRS Support
What is JSRS?
The Joint Supplier Registration System (JSRS) is the Sultanate of Oman’s Industry-wide Supplier Certification System implemented by Business Gateways International (businessgateways) on behalf of Oman Ministry of Oil & Gas.
The JSRS is an In-Country Value (ICV) initiative of the Oman Oil & Gas Industry that was launched in 2014 and currently supports thousands of suppliers from Oman and around the world to connect to Oman’s Procurement potential.
What are the objectives of JSRS?
The objectives of JSRS are to:
- Create a 'Single Window' Supplier Certification System to unify the registration & certification process of all Oil & Gas Operators and Other Industry Buyers in Oman.
- Attract the Best-of-Breed Suppliers (national and international) to actively connect to and serve Oman’s Procurement needs.
- Support Transparency and Local Content within the Supply Chain.
- Provide a Supplier Sourcing Platform for Oil & Gas Operators and Industry Buyers to ‘Seek and Identify’ Suppliers to engage in the Procurement process.
- Provide suppliers with an online mechanism to keep their data updated and monitored.
- Create the In-Country Value (ICV) environment for Suppliers who will be monitored regularly on their ICV Performance.
- Support Omani SMEs to actively engage in Procurement opportunities within Oil & Gas and Other Industries and create success stories.
- Improve Supplier performance by providing them access to business-critical services on the NBF Platform to strengthen their own Supply Chain and Partnerships.
Is JSRS Certificate mandatory for connecting to business opportunities in Oman?
Yes, according to Oman Ministry of Oil & Gas, possessing a Valid JSRS Certificate is a Mandatory prerequisite for Suppliers who wish to connect to the Oil & Gas Industry and Other Industries in Oman.
What is the role of businessgateways on JSRS?
businessgateways are the implementers of JSRS. businessgateways operates the JSRS application and is the Certifying Body for Suppliers to obtain the JSRS Certification. All National and International suppliers who are interested in connecting to the Oil & Gas Operators and major corporates from various industries will be supported and validated by businessgateways.com for obtaining JSRS Certificate.
What is JSRS Buyers Community?
The JSRS Buyers Community consists of major Buyers in Oman who drive the Procurement Spend on the JSRS. The JSRS Community is categorized as Oil & Gas Industry and Other Industries. The Oil & Gas category comprises of all Oil & Gas Operating Companies in Oman and Other Industries Buyers comprises of major corporate organisations from Other Industries who tap into the JSRS Pool for their procurement spend as well.
Who are the Oil & Gas Operators using the JSRS?
There are currently 20 Oil & Gas Operators registered with JSRS:
- ARA Petroleum
- BP Exploration (EPSILON) - (BP)
- Consolidated Contractors Energy Development (CCED)
- Daleel Petroleum L.L.C.
- Eni Oman B.V. - Oman Branch
- Hydrocarbon Finder
- Masirah Oil Limited
- Medco L.L.C.
- Occidental Oman Incorporated (OXY)
- Oman Gas Company S.A.O.C. (OGC)
- Oman LNG L.L.C. (OLNG)
- Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production L.L.C. (OOCEP)
- Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC)
- Oman-Lasso Exploration and Production Karawan Ltd.
- Petroleum Development Oman L.L.C. (PDO)
- Petrotel Oman L.L.C.
- Qarat Al-Milh Petroleum L.L.C.
- Shell Development Oman
- Tethys Oil Montasar Limited
Who are all the Other Industry Buyers?
Apart from the 20 Oil & Gas Operators following are the buyers from Other industries:
- Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C. and their subsidiaries:
- Abraj Energy Services
- Duqm Refinery
- Oman International Petrochemical Industries Company L.L.C. (OMPET)
- Oman Oil Marketing Company S.A.O.G. (OOMCO)
- Oman India Fertiliser Company (OMIFCO)
- Oman Tank Terminal Company (OTTCO)
- Salalah Methanol Company
- Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (SEZAD)
- Public Establishment for Industrial Estates (Madayn)
- Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C. and their subsidiaries:
We are already registered with the Ministry of Oil & Gas or some of the Operators in Oman. Do we still need to be registered on the JSRS?
Yes. Since the launch of the JSRS and its Mandatory Certification requirement, all suppliers who have been previously registered with individual Operators are expected to be certified again on the JSRS to create the common pool of suppliers.
How do we apply for JSRS Certification?
- Interested companies can register online on www.businessgateways.com.
- Upon submitting the JSRS Registration form, a confirmation mail will be sent to the registered company email ID.
- Note: Order confirmation is a ‘must’ to proceed further, so please confirm acceptance of the mail received from businessgateways.
- On receipt of order confirmation, the Login credentials to JSRS shall be sent to your registered company email ID.
- Login and complete the JSRS Certification fee payment process and update your company profile.
- JSRS Certification process involves 3 Tiers:
What is Tier 1 on JSRS?
- The Tier 1 of JSRS is an e-Marketplace (B2B) Platform initiative known as Oman National Business Framework.
- Suppliers are expected to ready their company profile here and are encouraged to use the critical B2B Tools that are available on this tier.
- All Products and Services offered by the Suppliers are uploaded here through an exhaustive Catalogue Management System built using the United Nations Standards for Products & Services Code (UNSPSC). These Products and Services shall be Validated on Tier 2 of JSRS.
- The NBF also supports bringing in multiple users from within each supplier organisation for better collaboration and integration to the e-Marketplace.
- Upon profile validation, suppliers can gain access to and network with thousands of credibility-verified companies across 95+ countries.
- Suppliers can subscribe for open tender notifications from all sectors of the 6 GCC countries.
What is Tier 2 on JSRS?
- The JSRS Tier 2 is the Certification Platform of JSRS where suppliers are expected to be Validated and Approved on the JSRS. The Validation is subject to suppliers filling a Supplier Validation Form (SVF) which is an Industry based Checklist of supplier data.
- JSRS Certification Validation is an Online process handled by businessgateways who interact with suppliers by either approving or declining the submittal categories until they are compliant for JSRS Certification approval
- Omani suppliers who qualify as Local Community Contractors (LCC) can apply for the LCC Special Status as part of the JSRS Validation process. If approved as LCC, their Special Status would be listed on their JSRS Certificate.
What is Tier 3 on JSRS?
- JSRS Certified suppliers on Tier 2 can then (optionally) go on to obtain further Industry Certifications on Tier 3.
- Industry Certification is subject to suppliers meeting specific criteria of the respective organisations who are on Tier 3.
JSRS Certification Fee Payment
What are the Pricing Policies for Suppliers?
The Certification fee for suppliers is set by Oman Ministry of Oil & Gas and the actual value is based on the supplier origin (National or International). For Omani companies, the employee count and annual sales (revenue) are the deciding factors for the JSRS certification fee and the company classification is as per Oman Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MOCI) classification standards. Information regarding the current Supplier Fee and the Certification Duration is outlined on www.businessgateways.com.
What are the modes of payment available?
There are two modes of payment available on the JSRS Application:
- Online Payment
- Offline Payment
The JSRS Certification fee can be paid online through the Payment Gateway of Bank Muscat hosted on the JSRS. You can also pay using Credit/Debit cards. It is important that your Credit/Debit Cards are '3D Secure' approved before it can be used on our system.
The offline payment can be done via:
- Cheque or Cash Deposit
- Bank Transfer
Do we need to pay separately for NBF and JSRS Platforms?
No. A single payment is enough to gain access to the NBF and JSRS Platforms.
JSRS Certification Process
How soon can we be JSRS Certified?
There is no fixed timeline and it entirely depends on the supplier readiness of required documents. The process generally takes around 3–4 weeks. Completion of the process depends on two factors such as completion of profile management and submitting all documents needed for JSRS Certificate validation and its approval. Omani Companies are subject to a Site Visit validation process by businessgateways team as part of the Certification approval process.
After successful completion of Tier 1 NBF, how do I apply for JSRS Certification?
Tier 1 Profile Readiness is the pre-requisite to apply for JSRS Certification. Upon successful verification of the Profile (Tier 1), suppliers can apply for JSRS Certification by submitting a Supplier Validation Form, along with certain mandatory documents for the validation process (Tier 2).
What is Supplier Validation Form (SVF)?
Supplier Validation Form (SVF) is a vital form to be filled by the suppliers as part of the validation process (Tier 2) that lead to the JSRS Certification. JSRS validation process is on a first come, first serve basis subject to proper documents and information submittal.
Do I need to submit any documents along with my SVF?
Yes, there are Mandatory fields that are supported by documents and optional fields to be submitted as well. Businessgateways recommends and encourages suppliers to fill most of the optional fields too in addition to the Mandatory fields for faster approval and visibility to the Buyers Community. Refer also JSRS Certification linked to products/services.
What is a JSRS eBadge?
Approved and certified JSRS Suppliers can access the JSRS Certified Supplier eBadge. JSRS Suppliers can showcase their JSRS Certified Supplier eBadge to business communities by displaying it on their business collateral and sharing on Social Media. The unique QR code scan will redirect to the Supplier's JSRS external profile page. Login to your JSRS Profile to access and download the JSRS eBadge.
What is the LCC Special Status in JSRS Certificate?
The 'Local Community Contractor' (LCC) Special Status is for companies operating within the concession areas of certain Operators. LCCs who meet specific criteria, as defined by these Operators, are identified on the JSRS Certificate as ‘Special Status’ LCC. Companies with the LCC Special Status benefit from priority procurement opportunities from respective Operators.
Omani suppliers who qualify to be Local Community Contractors (LCCs) can apply for the LCC Special Status in their JSRS Certificate. LCC Special Status approval on the Certificate is currently endorsed by Petroleum Development of Oman (PDO), Duqm Refinery and CC Energy Development (CCED).
What is PDO LCC JSRS Certificate?
Petroleum Development Oman popularly known as PDO collaborated with JSRS on its Local Community Contractors (LCC) initiative. Companies, wherein ALL the owners are permanent residents (as per National ID) in any of the following Cities in Oman: Adam, Al Jazur, Bahla, Haima, Ibri, Muqshin, Shalim Al-Hallaniyah Islands and Thumrayt, can apply for Special Status category. The companies who successfully complete their Special Status validation will be issued with the “PDO LCC” status on their JSRS Certification.
What is CCED LCC JSRS Certificate?
Consolidated Contractors Energy Development, Oman (CCED) utilizes JSRS for its Local Community Contractors (LCC) initiative, as part of their commitment to the companies from concession areas. Any company, existing or new to JSRS, wherein all owners are permanent residents (as per National ID) in any of the specified concession area of CCED, can apply for the JSRS Certificate with LCC special status.
What is Duqm Refinery’s LCC JSRS Certificate?
Duqm Refinery and Petrochemical Industries Company (DRPIC) launched the Local Community Contractors (LCC) Certification as a 'Special Status' within JSRS Certification. The suppliers, whose owners are from Al Wusta region, are eligible for the DRPIC LCC status in JSRS. Existing and new suppliers can apply for DRPIC LCC Special Status on JSRS.
What is Occidental of Oman LCC JSRS Certificate?
Occidental of Oman (OXY) has launched their Local Community Contractors (LCC) Certification as a 'Special Status' within JSRS Certification. The companies, whose owners are from seven specific Wilayats (Haima, Al Duqum, Al Jazir, Mahout, Ibri, Adam and Bahla), are eligible for the Occidental of Oman LCC status in JSRS. JSRS suppliers can apply for Occidental of Oman LCC 'Special Status' on JSRS.
Products and Services
What is the Coding Standard used for Products & Services?
JSRS follows the comprehensive coding standards of the United Nations Standards for Products & Services Code (UNSPSC) system for coding all your Products and Services.
Is there a limit to the number of Products & Services we can upload?
No, there is no limit to the number of products and services a company can upload on its profile page. However, we recommend that you frequently update your products and services page.
Is the JSRS Certification related to specific Products & Services?
Yes. The JSRS Certification is linked to specific products or services from under your products and services list, that are approved by businessgateways. It is advisable to add all your products or services to your JSRS Certificate since the more products and services you have approved, the more tendering opportunities your company will receive.
After Certification, can I add or remove the Certified Products?
Yes, you can add or remove products or services on the JSRS Certificate.
To add a product or service, the details need to be updated on the Profile (Tier 1) and all the relevant documents need to be updated. Supplier must submit the form for validation (Tier 2) and upon successful validation, the new products or services will be JSRS Certified.
To remove a product or service that is already JSRS Certified, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to view the approved products and services?
The JSRS Certificate provides a feature to view the approved products and services of your company. Scan the QR code on your JSRS Certificate.
What next, after JSRS Certification?
What other certificates can I apply for after receiving the JSRS Certificate?
After completing Tier 2 and acquiring the JSRS Certificate, Suppliers can apply for Industry Certificates on JSRS. The Industry Certifications are present in Tier 3 of the JSRS Dashboard.
What is Industry Certification on JSRS Tier 3?
Industry Certification on JSRS (Tier 3) refers to the Buyer-specific accreditations which JSRS Certified Suppliers can apply for. Currently, there are two industry certificates on JSRS:
- Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (SEZAD) Certification
- Public Establishment for Industrial Estates (Madayn) Supplier Certification
What is SEZAD Supplier Certification on JSRS?
As part of its commitment to the SMEs, Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (SEZAD) launched the SEZAD eCertification system on JSRS. This initiative allows Omani SME RIYADA Cardholders to engage with SEZAD and its contractors for projects having SME obligations.
What is Madayn Supplier Certification on JSRS?
Madayn (Public Establishment for Industrial Estates) Supplier Certification System on JSRS is a mandatory requirement to participate in procurement activities of Madayn across Oman. Certified companies will be listed on JSRS for Madayn and their subsidiaries to source for their procurement.
Other Benefits of JSRS / JSRS Profile / Miscellaneous
Does JSRS provide B2B, Business Partnerships and other business opportunities beyond Oman?
Suppliers can enhance their business opportunities by accessing the e-Marketplace known as the National Business Framework (NBF) a ‘B2B stimulation’ platform on JSRS. The NBF has thousands of companies across hundreds of countries and forms the foundation platform of the Oman Procurement system - JSRS. Equipped with multiple proactive B2B tools, the NBF e-Marketplace is a simple way where users of a single company can connect with other related companies worldwide to foster Business Partnerships, Distribution Networks etc. It is also possible to subscribe to GCC Open Tenders to stay connected to opportunities within the entire GCC through this platform.
How many users from our company can be added to one JSRS profile?
The JSRS profile enables you to add unlimited users per company on the platform. You can manage user rights through the Admin Panel of the Admin User.
What is GCC Open Tenders Notification?
businessgateways in its endeavour to provide value-added services to its JSRS Suppliers, offers GCC Open Tenders Notifications from all sectors across 6 GCC countries. Existing JSRS suppliers can subscribe to receive Open Tender Notifications from all 6 GCC countries. Suppliers can choose from a wide range of categories/sub-categories at amazing offers.
JSRS Certification Validity, Expiry and Renewal
Is there a duration/expiry date on the JSRS Certificate?
Yes, there is an expiry date on the JSRS Certificate depending on the duration of certification selected at the time of registration. JSRS Certificate duration for Omani suppliers is 1 year and for International suppliers is either for 1 year or 3 years.
Are we required to keep our data updated after JSRS Certification?
Yes, it is important that you update all critical data on your JSRS Profile regularly, as such data is usually monitored and brought to the notice of Oil and Gas Operators and Other Industry Buyers.
How do we keep our data updated?
You can login to JSRS and update the relevant company data:
- Tier 1 >> Configuration >> Company Profile Management
- Tier 2 >> Validation Bank.
Refer also to products/services.
As an Omani company, how do we benefit under the ICV initiatives of JSRS?
The JSRS was born to encourage equal opportunities under the ICV specially for Omani SMEs. ICV Compliance is a key component within the JSRS Certificate where parameters such as Omanisation is monitored regularly. On the Contracts opportunities, the JSRS supports the SME/LCC Obligation Mandate for Buyer organisations who fall under this category by providing for SME/LCC Obligation Tracking through a Transparent and effective mechanism.
Refer also LCC/SME under JSRS Certification Process.
How do we get a notification about my JSRS Certificate expiry date?
- Regular reminder mails are sent before the expiry date.
- Your JSRS Certificate also reflects the valid until date.
- When you log in to your JSRS dashboard, a popup will notify about your JSRS Renewal.
How do we renew the JSRS Certificate?
In the Settings/Account details page on your JSRS dashboard,
- Click the Subscription Alert notification at the top
- Fill the JSRS Certification renewal form
- Generate JSRS Certification invoice and make the payment
- JSRS Certificate will be renewed after successful completion of the validation process
For Omani suppliers, Certification is also subject to the Classification Validation (SME/Large) of your Company at that point.
When should we renew the JSRS Certificate?
- The JSRS Certificate needs to be renewed before (or) on the expiry date.
- The Renewal Form is enabled throughout the Certification duration which enables suppliers to RENEW anytime.
- On expiry, JSRS renewal continues to remain active for a grace period of 30 days following which the Subscription automatically terminates if it isn't renewed.
What will happen if we do not renew our JSRS Certificate?
The JSRS Certification is a mandatory requirement by the Oman's Ministry of Oil & Gas in order to connect with the procurement opportunities from the Oil & Gas Industry and Other Industries in Oman.
Consequences of suppliers holding Expired JSRS Certificate are:
- Exclusion from the 'Active' Supplier list of Operators and Other Industry Buyers for their Sourcing process.
- Non-eligibility to obtain any contract from the Oil & Gas Operators and from Other Industry Buyers even if you win a bid.
- Termination of all NBF and JSRS services.
- Removal of your company data from the JSRS.
Our JSRS Certificate has already expired and the grace period has lapsed as well. Can we still renew?
You may but there is no guarantee that all your data is still with us. So please contact email@example.com for the process of re-registering/renewing.