The webinar provided a comprehensive overview of the new Labour law and its implications for employers and employees. Led by industry experts, this informative session covered key topics to help attendees navigate the updated regulations and ensure compliance within the organization. Read More.
- Discussion Stream: Trade Governance
- Topic: Oman’s New Labour Law Webinar
- Date: 13 September 2023
About the Event
Oman's New Labour Law
On 25 July 2023, Oman announced a new labour law for workers in the private sector (Royal Decree 53/2023), repealing the Royal Decree 35/2003 as amended (the Old Labour Law) and introducing new regulations on labour strikes, permission for migrant workers involved in labour disputes to remain in the country, and other significant changes. The new law follows a series of reforms made this year, including the implementation of the Wage Protection System, a new social security law and the rollout of a mandatory Health Insurance Scheme.
We would like to thank ALC Lawyers & Counsels (an active Supplier on JSRS) for partnering with us in hosting this orientation webinar on Oman’s New Labour Law to focus on some of the key changes introduced.
- Introduction on the New Labour Law
- Termination of Employment – etc. discriminatory basis for termination, poor performance, disciplinary reason, and/or other reasons
- Working Hours
- Labour Complaints
- Employment Compensations
- New savings scheme (introduced by Social Protection Law RD 52/2023) made up of employer contributions will in the future replace the end of service gratuity
Speak at The Stage
The Stage is a promising initiative by businessgateways bringing together the JSRS Community on a common Online Knowledge-Sharing Platform! You can express your ideas and opportunities to the JSRS Community, through The Stage. Speak at the Stage