Join Webinar

Business News

Sharaf DG Energy launches key sustainable development initiatives

UAE-based Sharaf DG Energy has launched a range of sustainable development initiatives for residents including the implementation of residential solar panels aimed at reducing power consumption in Dubai by 3.1 million kWh.

In line with the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050, the emirate will be collectively concentrating on creating an environment friendly energy mix, progressively growing the employment of clean energy sources to 75 per cent by 2050.

This implies that the share of natural gas, currently powering the city of Dubai, will gradually decrease to 61%, as clean energy sources will enter the mix, making up the remaining 39% of the energy supply.

Out of all the clean energy sources available, solar energy is set to become the largest contributor.

Since 2012, the futuristic city has been heavily investing in utility-scale solar installations, leading to the development of the Mohammed bin Rashid Solar Park, the world’s largest single-site solar park with a planned production capacity of 5 GW by 2030.

With 365 days of abundantly available sunshine, the Dubai government recognizes that solar energy offers the most viable and competitive solution to meet the domestic energy requirements.

To complement the clean energy strategy, Dewa is encouraging every resident to install solar panels onto their rooftops, enjoying the benefits of energy savings offered by the Shams Dubai, a net-metering scheme for solar PV systems.

Any surplus electricity produced is sold back to Dewa at the same price, which allows residents to roll over their kilowatt hours to the next month to off-set future electricity consumption.

Conforming to Dubai’s vision of becoming the greenest city with the lowest carbon footprint in the world, Sharaf DG Energy is urging villa owners to consider installing solar PV panels on their rooftops and produce their own clean electricity independently.

By going solar, Dubai residents will play a central role in accomplishing the city’s clean energy goals.

To provide momentum to the cause, Sharaf DG Energy has created unique solar packages for homeowners.

Every package adheres to the high QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Management) and includes installing custom engineered solar PV systems, fast approvals and commissioning followed by regular operation and maintenance services.

"Alongside to living a sustainable lifestyle, switching to solar energy also provides massive financial savings that is derived from reduced energy consumption. Providing some key insights into residential solar segment," Sanjay Dabur, Vice-President and Head of Energy Business at Sharaf DG Energy, said.

"The carbon emissions of the planet have almost reached irreversible levels. The time to act is now," stated Dabur.

“There are two futures waiting for us. One in which we have not bothered to act on curtailing carbon emissions, where the planet has reached a state of dereliction. The other in which it has turned cleaner and greener than today,” he explained.

"The second option is only possible if renewable energy wins at the hands of caring citizens before irreversibility settles in. In fact, enough sunlight falls onto our planet in the space of an hour, more so than what mankind needs in a year," said the top official.

"Many residents are now stepping forward to play their part and have ultimately ended up saving money on their electricity bills in the process," he added.
  • #Sharaf
  • #Energy
  • #Development
  • #Initiatives
  • ##Solar
  • #Renewable
JSRS Banner
JSRS Banner
POST A COMMENT